Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Better Diet, Day 0

Let's talk about what my family ate today, shall we?

Breakfast? I didn't have breakfast. I'm pretty sure no one else did either.

So when did we first eat? I believe it was around 1:30. We stopped at McDonald's on our way to my dad's (he was going to watch the kids while my husband and I visited my mom in the hospital). Kids had Happy Meals with chicken mcnuggets, apple dippers, and chocolate milk. My husband and I both had southern-style chicken sandwich meals with fries. He added bacon to his sandwich. I had a coke, he had iced tea - half sweet, half unsweet.

On the way home from the hospital we stopped at Wendy's; I didn't really pay attention to what he ordered. I think he got a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and something else. I wasn't really hungry but I decided to get an orange float anyway. After I ordered mine, he got one too.

I have no idea if the kids ate anything at my dad's.

When we got home, the kids played outside for a while. Then they came in and watched some TV. I'm pretty sure they snuck some candy from the pantry, and that their friends brought in some candy too.

After bathtime, they each had a snack - trail mix from Aldi (the kind with nuts, raisins, and chocolate and PB chips) and an Aldi juice pouch.

Now I'm about to have my dinner; leftover wings from B-Dub's and leftover shrimp with Jack Daniels' sauce from TGI Friday's.

I will admit that I am a little more stressed and rushed than usual due to my mom being in the hospital (she just had open heart surgery on Friday), but this is not completely atypical for us. No regular eating schedule, lots of food-on-the-go, indiscriminate snacking, not the healthiest choices, and god knows what's actually IN any of that food.

What did you feed YOUR family today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails